The Great Food Festival (#TGFF2018) is back! Returning for its 2nd edition, Singapore’s largest curated food and lifestyle festival is all set to wow audiences with a host of culinary creations and new lineups to tantalise your senses in one location. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to try the region’s most expansive array of culinary and lifestyle trends across the 3 festival zones – Star Chef Arena, Rollin’ Sweet Times and The Cellar. Catch all the action happening from 27th – 30th September 2018! With so many things to explore and do at #TGFF2018, here are our 5 things to check out at The Great Food Festival 2018.
1. Try Dishes From Celebrity Chef Pop-up Booths (Including *NEW* Celebrity Chef Restaurant table65)
Number one on our list for #TGFF2018 is to check out the The Star Chef Arena where 12 pop-up celebrity chef booths will be whipping up their culinary creations. At this dedicated zone, you’ll also get to see the chefs themselves in action behind the scenes. Here are some of our favourites to try!
Singapore Chili Crab, Sakura Ebi Spring Onion Pancake by Tunglok Heen
Pan Seared Sea bass with citrus sauce by Tangerine
Hal Yamashita Wagyu Tokyo Curry by SYUN
Wagyu Beef Short Ribs, Lychee in Red Curry Sauce by FOREST森
Crab Cake Sliders from Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora
Japanese Spiny Lobster with Pumpkin Soup & Matcha Ice Cream by Teppan
Also, don’t miss out on the opportunity to savour the creations prepared by famous Dutch Chef Richard van Oostenbrugge of 212 Amsterdam, who will be helming a brand-new Celebrity Chef restaurant in Singapore – table65, soon to be open in December 2018. For the full list of Celebrity Chef restaurants, click here.
2. Grab A Photo With Celebrity Chefs!
Benjamin Halat – CURATE
If you’re an avid fan of the various food network shows, this is a photo opportunity not to be missed. We’re always so excited to attend this event as it presents such an amazing opportunity to meet with so many renowned chefs from all over the world in person. Even better, trying their signature creations at the pop-up booths!
Roberto – Fratelli Trattoria
Richard van Oostenbrugge – 212 Amsterdam & table65
Ian Kittichai – Tangerine
Dylan Jones – Bo.lan
Check out the rest of the other chefs at the various booths here.
- S01: CURATE – Benjamin Halat
- S02: TANGERINE –Ian Kittichai
- S03: TUNGLOK HEEN – Susor Lee
- S04: TEPPAN – Masayasu Yonemura
- S05: FESTA ITALIANA – Oliver Piras and Francesco Brutto
- S06: OSIA STEAK AND SEAFOOD GRILL – Scott Webster
- S07: OCEAN RESTAURANT – Cat Cora
- S08: SYUN – Hal Yamashita
- S09: FOREST – Sam Leong
- S10: TASTES OF SIAM – Dylan ones, Khanaporn and Num
- S11: FRATELLI TRATTORIA – Enrico and Roberto Cerea
- S12: 212 AMSTERDAM & TABLE65 – Chef Richard van Oostenbrugge
3. Learn from the best at the Dessert Masterclasses, including the Topless Baker
Matt Adlard a.k.a. Topless Baker
It’s more than just desserts at theRollin’ Sweet Times! Learn sweet secrets from a star-studded roster of pros, including popular YouTuber Matt Adlard a.k.a. Topless Baker, one of Australia’s leading and most influential chefs, Neil Perry AM, Amber Seah of Yume Patisserie, top Indian Chef Gaggan Anand and many others. The masterclasses and demonstrations are located at Rollin’ Sweet Times at Bosch Atelier, and are conducted for 90 minutes sessions (except demos).
Andres Fatso – Baked By Andres
4. Indulge in Instagrammable Desserts & Magnum’s exclusive ‘Ocean Fantasy’ With Whimsical Mermaid Tail
Step into Magnum’s signature Pleasure Bar to enjoy the TGFF exclusive Magnum Ocean Fantasy, a one-of-a-kind white chocolate creation topped with a whimsical mermaid tail. This limited-edition Marbled Magnum creation is inspired by the ocean’s beauty and has premium toppings including edible pearls, silver glitter and a magical mermaid tail! Must-try for all Magnum lovers!
There are also so many other creative instagrammable desserts – from a nitrogen dessert bar to ice-shaped terrariums, there’s something for everyone to try!
Totoro Terrarium Cheesecake
5. Check out the Instagram-worthy zones
It’s not only a feast for our tummies, but also for the eyes! It’s a literal eye-candy at the Rollin’ Sweet Times zone. Be dazzled by the colourful array of umbrellas at rainbow city or go above and beyond at the spinning galaxy!
Happening from 27th – 30th September 2018, take your pick from over 60 signature creations from 12 award-winning restaurants, meet celebrity chefs, participate in masterclasses with a star-studded roster of pros and indulge in the most imaginative and IG-worthy desserts! Get your tickets here.
The Great Food Festival 2018
Address: Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
Star Chef Arena
Lunch Session (Friday – Sunday):
11am – 3.30pm
(Last order of food at 3pm)
Dinner Session (Thursday – Sunday):
5pm – 10pm
(Last order of food at 9.30pm)
*Bars will be open throughout.
ROLLIN’ SWEET TIMES
5pm – 10pm
Friday – Sunday
11am – 10pm
*Bars will be open till 1am on Fri & Sat.
5pm – 10pm
Friday – Sunday
11am – 10pm
With lots of love,
An Affair With Food
- 5 Reasons To Have the Cosmo Prime® Air Purifier For Your Home - October 6, 2020
- 5 Unconventional Mooncakes To Celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival 2020 - September 25, 2020
- EMPRESS Review – Contemporary Chinese Dining At Asian Civilisations Museum - September 11, 2020