Need a quick, ready to go and totally portable meal? Look no further because eating smart just got a whole lot easier.
Introducing Doodles, a cold noodle bar located at the basement level in the newly renovated Tiong Bahru Plaza. A concept that’s comparable to a typical salad bar, Doodles finds a way to refresh that idea with 3 types of noodle base to choose from – Soba, fusili and angel hair.
The noodle bar though tucked away in a little corner, stands out strong with their glowing bright logo ‘doodles’, reminiscent of a neon sign. Creative and personable, a winning combination that is eccentrically intriguing.
The noodles bar offers easy-customisable sets for customers to choose from, with the toppings and ingredients out in full display. A quick look at the menu details a classification of herbivore, carnivore and omnivore sets, and if you’re really hungry go for the om-nom-nomnivore set. A real mouthful!
We of course had to choose the ala-carte option and created our very own ‘Doodles’!
How it works:
– Choose a noodle base – Soba, fusili or angel hair.
– Then choose your preferred toppings to complement your favourite type of noodles: a combination of Asian and Western ingredients like the smoked duck, poke-style salmon, prawns, clams etc. All of which are prepared daily to maintain the quality and freshness.
– Then finish your Doodles with a choice of dressing: Garlic, sesame, onion, spicy, and not forgetting a house specialty of the Truffle – XO (at an additional +$1.00).
– Then all you have to do is: ZIP, SHAKE, EAT!
Or simply watch the video below to see how it’s done!
We had the Soba ($2.50 for noodles base), edamame and corn ($1.50 for each vegetable topping), egg and smoked duck ($1.50 for each protein topping). Albeit a little small in portion, we still love the uniqueness of the shake and eat concept, and the ingredients tasted fresh and complements well! Not forgetting their cute little ‘mascot’ of the green dinosaur – representative of the ‘D’ to Doodles.
Well instant noodles step aside, there’s a new cold noodles bar packed with fresh ingredients – going from fridge to ready-to-eat! We’ll definitely be back for more!
Tiong Bahru Plaza,
302 Tiong Bahru Road, B1-111
Singapore 168732 (Map)
Contact Number: +65 6702 4311
Opening Hours: 10.30am – 9.30pm (Daily)
With lots of love,
Facebook: An Affair With Food
About the Author
A foodie at heart, Xue Wei’s passion for food and travel translates to her daily snippets of her affairs on her blog and Instagram. A quality that’s reflected in features like her ‘Best Matcha-places to go’ and ‘16 Must Eat Taiwan Food’ in collection, where she hunts out the best hits in all of the places she’s been to. When she isn’t chasing her love for food and adventure, she enjoys photography, travelling, volunteering and spending quality time with her family.
Latest posts by Xue Wei (see all)
- Mid-Autumn Festival 2017 With Bakerzin – 8 Unique Collections With More Than 20 Flavours For Entire Family [PLUS GIVEAWAY] - September 15, 2017
- 13 Places To Get Your Mooncake Fix This Mid-Autumn Festival 2017 [PLUS GIVEAWAY] - August 30, 2017
- Lotus Kitchen – Newly Launched Vegetarian Dining Concept - August 6, 2017