I am a fan of cheesecakes and love Mickey Mouse since young so when I came across this picture, I was so inspired to bake something similar! 🙂
Photo Credits: Tshihui’s Instagram
Thus, I decided to design and bake my own Mickey Mouse Cheesecakes and for anyone who love cheesecakes, I am sharing this recipe with you <3
Mini Mickey Oreo Cheesecakes
(makes about 10)
30 Oreo cookies (20 leave as whole, 10 remove cream and coarsely chopped)
20 Mini Oreos (Ears for Mickey!)
16oz (450 grams) of cream cheese, room temperature
90 grams of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
120 grams of plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 135°C (275°F).
- Place muffin cups in muffin trays and place one whole Oreo cookie in each of the 10 muffin paper cups.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in sugar, beat until just combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add in vanilla extract, beat until just evenly combined.
- Gradually drizzle in the egg, beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add in yogurt, beat and mix everything evenly.
- Add chopped cookies, fold with a spatula.
- Pour batter to each of muffin cup, fill each of them to around 3/4 of the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 22~25 minutes until the filling is set and not jiggly. Transfer to wire rack, leave to cool completely.
- Insert 2 Mini Oreos near to corners of the cheesecakes, they are Mickey ears! 🙂
- Store cheesecakes in airtight containers and leave to refrigerate at least 6 hours or even better overnight. When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from muffin cups and TA-DAAHHHH! Time to enjoy your Mickey Oreo Cheesecakes!
Simple Secrets to Successful and Yummy Cheesecakes!
- The cream cheese should be at room temperature and slightly soft before you begin mixing, or you will end up with lumps in your cheesecake.
- DO NOT overbeat your cheesecake batter.
- Cheesecake MUST not be jiggy/watery after being baked, they will be firm once they have cooled and chilled for several hours.
- Chilling the cheesecake is absolutely crucial. This is your secret to a perfectly smooth, dense and creamy texture!
Hope you enjoyed! <3
With lots of love,
Latest posts by Xue Wei (see all)
- Art + Education? – Q&A with Anna Kamsan, founder of Artducated - October 10, 2017
- Mid-Autumn Festival 2017 With Bakerzin – 8 Unique Collections With More Than 20 Flavours For Entire Family [PLUS GIVEAWAY] - September 15, 2017
- 13 Places To Get Your Mooncake Fix This Mid-Autumn Festival 2017 [PLUS GIVEAWAY] - August 30, 2017