I started baking recently and I realised how I much I love baking!
Gâteau au Chocolat which means chocolate cake in French, has become one of my favourite things to bake.
I have been baking 2 ingredients chocolate cake for several times as it is such a simple recipe!
As the name suggested, it only requires 2 ingredients yet it still turned up amazing.
This lady, Ochikeron who I have been following on Youtube (Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/ochikeron) She makes amazing bentos, cakes, soups, breads and many many more!
Gâteau au Chocolat
3 bars of chocolate (165g = 5.8o.z)
- Separate the eggs and place the egg whites in a large bowl
- Place the egg whites in the fridge as it makes the meringue more stable (It takes some time for the egg whites to turn cold when I put in the fridge so I would put in the freezer for a few minutes and it turned out as cold!)
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place them in a large bowl
- Preheat the oven to 170C (330F)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over water
- Mix chocolate until smooth and let chocolate cool down
- Whip egg whites with an electric mixture until firm peaks form (It MUST be thick enough– mixture would not slide out when you turn the bowl upside down)
- When the chocolate has cooled, add egg yolks and mix with a whisk
- Add 1/3 of the meringue (it is from the egg whites) into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk
- Add another 1/3 of meringue and blend
- Add the rest of the meringue and mix well with a spatula (I use a big spoon instead)
- Line 15cm (6inch) baking paper/ parchment paper on a round cake pan
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Drop the pan lightly for a few times on the table to raise the air bubbles out of the batter
- Bake at 170C (330F) in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes (I baked between 33 to 35 minutes)
- Allow the cake to cool off
- Dust with icing sugar using a sift (Decoration purposes for me!)
- Done 🙂 and ENJOY!!!
Hope you enjoyed! <3
With lots of love,